A rimless, ultra-clear glass coral reef aquarium is formed into a perfect peninsula that gives you a fascinating view from all three sides, adding complexity and intrigue to any reefscape.
Features of the Red Sea REEFER Peninsula included:
- Rimless, ultra-clear, beveled edge glass aquarium
- Elegant Marine-Spec plywood cabinet with levelling feet
- Refugium-ready sump with adjustable height skimmer chamber and 4 micron filter bags
- Silent, regulated down-flow system with emergency overflow
- Integrated automatic top-up system with reservoir
- Assembly-ready piping – no gluing required
REEFER Peninsula Sump - The REEFER Peninsula series have advanced sumps with the following exciting new features:
- An adjustable height skimmer chamber, enabling you to set the water level (between 21-27cm / 8.3″-10.6″) for optimal skimmer performance.
- A “Refugium Ready” sump with two pre-set positions allows you to decide how much of the sump you want for your skimmer and other reactors and how much as a dedicated refugium chamber.
- 4 micron filter bags
- RO liter reservoir that can be slid aside when necessary for pump maintenance.
REEFER Specification - aquariums are constructed from thick, beveled-edge, ultra-clear glass to support their elegant and modern rimless design. The aquarium sits on a recessed base that “floats” it above the cabinet, which seamlessly follows the contour of the glass. The marine-spec laminated cabinet that houses the sump, (and in the larger models also includes a dedicated, vented space for chillers) is smartly finished with weatherproof, epoxy-painted doors.
REEFER Peninsula Water Management System - Removable surface-skimming combs surround the top of the centrally located overflow box that houses the downpipe, sump return pipe and the discreet multi-directional “eyeball” return outlet nozzle. In the event of a blockage in the regulated downpipe, an additional emergency overflow pipe provides an unrestricted free flow of aquarium water directly to the sump. On entering the sump the water passes through a bank of 4 micron mechanical filter bags that slide out for ease of operation. The main compartment of the Peninsula sump includes an adjustable gate at the outlet that enables the water height in the chamber to be set at the optimal level for your skimmer, anywhere between 21 to 27cm. A unique feature of this sump is that it is “refugium ready”. To ensure a constant water level in the pump compartment, all REEFER sumps include an integrated automatic freshwater top-up unit, guaranteeing a constant, stable water flow throughout the complete system. Supplied as a complete self-assembly kit, all pipe work is ready without the need for any gluing.
The REEFER Peninsula Deluxe incorporates the all-new Reef LED 90 or 160S lighting units with Red Sea’s customized hanging system into the Reefer reef ready systems in a convenient single package.